It was long overdue, but I finally got around to releasing a new version of morituri, my cd ripper.
Originally I planned to do a quick release so I could be the first cd ripper that supported MusicBrainz NGS, which I quickly implemented when they released that, and then figured out how to properly do multi-cd rips (which worked fine before MusicBrainz NGS but stopped working in the early days of MusicBrainz NGS).
Anyway, I finally made some time this week to fix a few dangling issues and clean up for a release.
See the trac page for more info and download links. You can also download it from my package repository for Fedora 16 if that’s your distro.
For the curious, here’s some more info:
Coverage in 0.1.3: 60 % (1716 / 2825), 85 python tests
Features added in 0.1.3:
- shorten really long file names if needed
- support multi-disc ripping
- add %y for release year in templates
- added rip cd rip --release-id option to select the exact release
- allow track and disc templates to create files in different directories
- work out relative paths from cue/m3u files to audio files
Bugs fixed in 0.1.3:
- 77: Unable to find solution to UTF-8 problem
- 93: Unable to choose if there are more than one matching CD
- 67: unable to rip multi-cd-sets correctly
- 73: rip image breaks with "query failed"
- 78: Could not create encoded file
- 84: Error when checksumming extremely short tracks
- 91: --release-id does not work for Pink Floyd - The Wall (Experience Edition) (Disc 1)
- 94: mp3vbr uses quality=0 instead of vbr-quality=0
- 95: Discs with multiple media not correctly identified.
- 99: rip offset find fails with "UnboundLocalError: local variable 'archecksum' referenced before assignment"
- 102: Unable to run without -d option
- 98: Year of release in templates