My baby and I have decided to take a trip to New York City! After a few years of not really taking a holiday just the two of us together, it’s about time. I’ve been preparing work for it, and now I’m preparing us. NYC – home of Interpol, Strokes, The Walkmen, The National, and lots more.
We’ll be going for a full week, arriving Saturday evening November 29th, and leaving again on Sunday evening December 7th. Inbetween we’re probably going to stay a night in Boston and visit Ward.
Since I want to make the most of it, I’m asking all of you for ideas for things to do there. I’m sending a 30$ Amazon gift card to the person who gaves us the suggestion we ended up liking best!
What we’ve already planned:
– A NY Knicks vs Portland basketball game on Tuesday
– A free greeter that looks like a great idea
– A Nada Surf concert
Here’s stuff we’ve been told about or think about but don’t know where it is:
– there’s supposed to be a huge toy store somewhere – any idea ?
– I’m sure there must be a huge comics store too somewhere – where’s the biggest ?
– same for music – preferably collector stuff
– there’s supposed to be some ‘live system-shock-type RPG/puzzle experience’ which was featured in Wired once and now also exists in Madrid – any idea ?
– Where to get the best hamburger and/or hot dog ?
– Where’s the best movie theatre ?
Here’s a bunch of stuff we want to do but not sure where to get:
– a theatre play
– a musical
– a tv studio
– stand-up comedy
– good concerts
– good food
And of course, any other kind of tips are welcome as well.
NYC baby! This ought to be good.